3.29.2007

03.29.04

If you’re a fan of the Star Wars saga, here’s your chance to vote on anything from “Best Lightsaber Color” to “Who Should We Feed to Sarlaac?” My votes for those categories were, Blue and Al Franken.

*****

Here's a hilarious exchange that I overheard today at the local Jimmy John's. I was just getting my sammich and the next guy in line started to tell his order to the first of the nineteen sammich line guys. The guy ordering is a lower twenties well off hippy style dude and the guy taking the order is a lower twenties "I wanna be a punk rock star even though I'm a tool" type.

Hippy - Ahh, can I get a #6 with wheat lettuce? (I don't actually know what that is, I might be wrong on what its called, but I think that's what he said. I digress.)

PunkRock - Sorry man, we don't have wheat lettuce anymore.

Hippy - Oh no, are you serious?

PunkRock - yeah.

Hippy - Oh, you're not serious.

PunkRock - yeah.

Hippy - That's terrible man. What do you put on a #6 then?

PunkRock - (totally deadpan with a slight shoulder shrug) Regular lettuce.

Maybe its funnier if you're there, or if you ever worked in this style of food service, but I actually laughed right at the hippy guy. It was great. Score one for the punk dude.

No comments: